Thursday, March 27, 2014

14 years ago today.....


My sweet Nicky.  Happy 14th Birthday.

I had so many things to say, but then read last years birthday blog and realized I probably would be writing the same sentiments.  Because, I guess, some things never change. You have always and will always be my sweet Nicky.  Just a few virtues for your 14 year old self...

1.  I want to tell you what a good husband and father I know your going to be.  It is a long way off from now, but I have a feeling it will be here sooner than your Dad or I am ready for. I already see the way you balance your witty sense of humor with your sensitive heart.  Those are two traits that someday I know your wife will love about you.

2. I want to tell you how proud we are of you!  I wouldn't ever change one single thing about you. Your not perfect in this world, and you will never be perfect in others eyes, but to me you will always be "my perfect". All the hardships, the mistakes, the trails you will endure in your life will never change what your Dad and I see when we look at you, and that is perfection. A perfect combination of both of us, a life that our love created together.

3. I want you to know I pray always that God protects you, keeps you centered, and that you always find your way to him when you need too.

4.  I want to tell you that your getting too tall, almost as tall as me.  You need to stop, because your arms don't wrap around my waist for a hug anymore, they wrap around my shoulders.  They are stronger hugs, loves you said with a deeper voice....so you can stop now growing now:)

5. I want you to know that the day you were born, I felt such appreciation for you.  You won't understand until you someday have children, but just know that you were one of my greatest accomplishments in life and the greatest gift from God. You can't understand what it means that he gave your Dad and I this beautiful gift of raising you into such a good young man.

6.  I want to tell you that not everything will always feel good as you grow up. It is OK to ride the roller coaster, and learn from the lows, so that when you are on the highs you appreciate all the grace God has given you so much more.

7. I want to tell you that when you need to talk, Dad and I are always here for you, and that will never change.

8. I want to tell you when your teacher told you what a cutie you were, she wasn't kidding.  Your eyes sparkle and your smile is contagious.

9. I want to tell you that when you were little, you were really concerned with what you would do in Heaven all day and you were afraid it would be boring and I told you to ask God about it.

10.  I want to tell you that when you were 2, I used to sing the "Blues Clues" jingle to you to put you to sleep.  Someday, you will see an old re-run and hear "We just got a letter, we just got a letter, we just got a letter, wonder who it's from?  And when you hear it, I hope you smile.

11.  I want to tell you that as I type this, I can still hear your little voice saying "I don't know Mommy, who is da letta from?"

12.  I want to tell you keep your heart close to God Nicky, it will always strengthen you even when you think you "got it".

13. I want to tell you that when you were in third grade, you loved the Titanic and Powerpoint, and you made a PowerPoint slide show for your class.

14.  I want to tell you that you make us smile every day, every single day for the past 14 years.  And even though you want (need) to be called Nic now, you will always be Tricky Nicky to us.

Happy Birthday! We love you!

Nicky loved this mini fridge and we stocked it with milk for him!  Zachary was trying to photo bomb and succeeded, lol.



The boys being dorks.



Yummy German Chocolate of course!

I hope I see more of this as they get older!

This was "one" calm moment of the night.

Eric really loved this bag he got Nicky from IKEA, its a very cool zip out design for your computer.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Nic... Fourteen already! It's always easy to remember how old you and Nikki are since you were both born in 2000....We love you ;o)

    ReplyDelete