Monday, November 4, 2013

M.I.A


Wow, where has the summer gone? We have been completely MIA, I realize this!

Life has a way of throwing the curve balls, luckily we are pretty good at keeping our eye on where the ball is headed, although this summer we found ourselves dunking a few times.

The last couple of months have been hectic and crazy to say the least.

Let us rewind to June, when half the fam headed home to our house. It was nice being back home, and its amazing how we all just feel fully at home there.

The day we landed, we were fortunate to see my Mom, my Aunt Sara and my G'ma and G'pa who are dear to my heart. The stay wasn't long enough, and honestly, I had such jet lag, I forgot to take pictures, but I am so glad I got to see them!! My g'ma and g'pa are getting older and my heart gets a little heavier each time I say goodbye to them.

A few weeks later, the other 2 fam members flew in, barely on a wing and by the grace of God, I might add. We are blessed to have awesome people in our lives and the Couvillion family let us use two of their buddy passes, and Eric and Zachary were able to come home. There were alot of prayers said trying to get them home from NY, but God had it all worked out.

They finally made it home and we had alot of fun, though we only got on the lake once,which totally sucked!

We got to see Eric's Mom and Joe and give long overdue hugs.

We cut down a tree in our front yard, but we planted alot too.

We got to see dearly missed friends, but didn't have near enough time to spend with them.

During this time, change was brewing. By the time Eric was flying back solo, we were being offered a new job, a new location and a new tempo we have never been accustomed too.

It all happened so fast,and our last two weeks stateside were spent preparing for the fact that as soon as we landed, we would be moving in three weeks.

So much to do, trips to cancel, trips to reschedule, things to organize. STRESS, STRESS, STRESS.

By the time all of the packing, clearing, paperwork, German final bills,transfers etc were complete, we were exhausted and mentally wiped driving to our new home Wiesbaden.

With the Tahoe loaded down, all the fam, two cats, litter boxes, suitcases, school supply totes, etc we must of looked like the Beverly Hillbillies pulling into town.

And finally, I sighed because we were at the hotel, and the worst of the move was over.

Then Eric walked out, and said "they don't have our reservations"...

It is times like these that I am glad I don't have high blood pressure, although Zachary does say I "squawk" like a bird with sentences like "What", "Are you SERIOUS", "Your freaking kidding me"...

I am not proud of this....

It is also times like these I thank goodness for technology, for the IPhone, for the ability to pull up our reservation number confirmation for that date and time and let the front desk figure it out, and they knew, one way or another we were getting a room that night, I was nicely not budging.

We did get our rooms, and we ended up in the hotel for 41 days.

We fought for our living quarters thru the Army bureaucracy, and we won. (It is great when God is your armor, because I just knew he would work it out)

And we moved.

And everything was scratched, dinged, broken, chipped and once again, damaged.  But we survived our 14th Permanent Change of Station move, and Eric is loving his new digs.

We are all good though, we are thankfully coming to the end of this move. We are getting ready to file our claim, which takes a week in itself, but once that is done, we will be officially be PCS'd to Wiesbaden.  Our next move will be back to our home, where we will stay.

I will picture dump all of this week, but until then, this was Avery as a "Pretty in Pink" crayon on Halloween. She was the cutest crayon out there!  However, I would recommend NO ONE buy this costume, she had it on for 15 minutes and the two seams were already coming apart!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment