Saturday, May 25, 2013

Lil Monsters


When we left Newnan, I was up to my ears in cake orders. Eric and I had actually looked into some rentals for a store front and I had gotten an official business license for my web store. But, then life happened and before you knew it I was declining orders and had to put notice that I would be moving. I had to cancel my business license and put away my dreams a little longer.

When we moved in our German house I was actually excited because we have a big basement, with a big room that I made my cake room. But it has slowly become a storage room for two main reasons:

1. My German oven SUCKS
2. We live quite far out and transporting of cakes is my all time NOT favorite thing to do

In December, Avery's teacher emailed me and said Avery had told her that I did cakes. ACTUALLY, what happened is my little sales rep (AKA Avery) took my business card to school!! She asked if I would do a cheese cake for her and I said sure! I actually had to monitor my oven so much that I thought how ridiculous. I am sure the kids could share some stories about me and my choice words for this oven from H..E..double hockey sticks!

Well, Avery's teacher contacted me again and asked if I would make a cake for a teacher having a baby. I said sure, and we decided to use her baby bedding design as a base for the cake. Her baby bedding is called "Lil Monsters" and it sure is cute! These little guys are mimics from the quilt.

This was my take on it, and they all enjoyed the cake, which was Vanilla filled with fresh strawberry filling and my buttercream recipe.  I only had a little problem with delivery, the green guy fell over, one of his ears fell off, but it made it there in one piece.

Driving the cake in I swore I wouldn't do a cake again living in the mountains with switch backs, it is so stressful to me! I have had cake catastrophes happen, just ask my friend Stacy when her daughters castle cake steeple fell off as I drove it over to her house on a 95 degree hot Georgia day.  I was in tears, if that tells you anything:)

I saw Mrs. Thomsen the next day and she asked if I would be her cake lady... I said sure...



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Boy, did this turn out cute!! Maybe when you move you'll have a good oven ;o) haha about your little sales rep...Good job Avery xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! WTG Avery!!
    You have a great sales lady on your hands...!

    ReplyDelete