Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Anniversary


20 years ago, Eric and I pledged our vows to each other.  At the young ages of 19 and 20, I am not sure we really comprehended all that marriage would entail or even the deepness of those vows.  We have learned so much from each and with each other.

Every milestone, every event, every hardship and every joy, built the solid foundation we have today.  Our Army life, at times, has provided so much opportunity, and at the same time kept us away from each other, only to make us stronger.  Like any relationship has, we have had our obstacles along the way, but we always have walked hand and hand thru everything we have faced.

If you read my blog, you know I am a believer that God holds our destiny and my faith in Him is endless.....and this morning, I can think back and know that....

I was meant to sit by Eric at that bonfire and he was meant to sit by me.  He was supposed to tell me that hilarious joke, and make us laugh so hard we fell backwards off the bench. I was supposed to feel so embarrassed as he helped me up and I noticed his blue eyes.  He was meant to call me the next day, and here we are 23 years later.

Eric, you are my soul mate, my best friend and the one person I trust with my life. The love we have built, the children we have created, and the life that we live is all I could ever ask for.  I thank God for you everyday, for giving me such a honorable man, someone who values our relationship and family like you do, for being honest, faithful, hardworking and most of all.... just loving me for who I am all these years.

We started out with many people not understanding why we were getting married so young, especially because we didn't have to.  Many doubted we would even make it all. I am sure our parents were more than weary at what our future would hold, but all of them let us go and fly and I am so happy they did.

Who would of known, when my MIL told me that this song reminded her of Eric and I right before our wedding, 20 years ago, that this would really become our story. (on player at the top right)

Happy Anniversary to us, and I love you Eric!
























No comments:

Post a Comment