Monday, February 4, 2013

Cold and A Cold

It is so COLDDDDDD!  How can a person who grew up in cold, be SO NOT USED  to cold?  I am miserably cold and I have a.......COLD!

Zach came out to the car on Wed, plopped in the front seat and said "I am getting sick".  I said "Really, you never get sick?!" So he had some soup, he went to bed early, coughed thru the night and magically seemed to bounce back by Friday after school. He just has the remnants of a cold now.

I wasn't really worried about getting the cold, because I never get sick sick, I usually just push thru it, like EVERY other mother I know!

But......while driving on Friday afternoon I realized I was cold in the car and I had the heat on 90 degrees.  What's wrong with me, my cheeks were on fire, but everything else is COLD!

It may have been my self meditation of " you can not get sick, we renew our vows Saturday night at the Army Chapel" or  "it is date night Sat at a nice Italian restaurant" that helped me make it thru.  I lived on cough drops all night long at Mass and dinner, and thought to my self, just a little cold can't keep me down, I am fine, I will be fine!

Then I opened my eyes on Sunday, and suddenly just thinking hurt.  I FEEL AWFUL!!!!  It is the type of cold that burrows in your chest, hurts to cough, stuffs up your noise and just makes you feel like your head is a floating balloon with a face on it.

I have actually snapped at the kids, "quit talking it is echoing in my head".....they look at me like an alien has replaced their mother and then they quietly ask "whats for dinner"?

I can barely hear anything from the congestion in my head, but can hear everything magnified, does that make sense?  None of my jobs have stopped, so I am working sick.  Where is my Workman's comp here?

Go away Mr. Cold, please don't visit anyone else in my family...and please, please, please not Eric because he goes out of commission when he is sick.....go away and let me be WARM, let me breath without it hurting and let me think again without wincing in pain!


When I feel better, I will post how great Saturday was renewing our vows and how thankful we are for such a great night provided by Father Matt, until then send me warming wishes!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hope you start feeling better fast Ronda.. Take lots of Vitamin C and Zinc!! Hope no one else gets sick..
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon, Ronda!! Keep thinking those calming thoughts of Saturday night!! Chicken noodle soup, water, and rest, rest, rest!!

    ReplyDelete