Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Nelson IV

We have been super busy around here, and I have so many pictures to go thru and post. The New Year just popped up and left as quickly as it came, just like the holiday season. Sad in a way.

But...a new year holds new things, and we have been planning a new addition for some time--just waiting for the right moment.

We are going in to year #2 since Eric was denied retirement, and life kind of flipped up side down for what we thought we had planned. We had to make some quick decisions, some really hard decisions about our pets, and choose to leave Champie, our Dotsie, with my parents.  He doesn't do well with German stairwell housing units, and flying was hard on him making him skittish.

I know that God always directs us to the path we need to take, even though sometimes it feels sad. It was hard to leave Champie, but in my heart I knew it was right. I didn't really know why though.  This year my parents lost their older dog Bear. Bear and Champie had become best friends and I really believe that this is the reason why our family made the choice we did. Champie has provided laughter and love to them during their grieving.

When I see Champie I can tell how happy he is and lets face it, he hit the jackpot of love!

So, we have been waiting. Deciding. Talking about it. Thinking about it. I gave it to God. If its right, it will fall into place. Just like Sami did. Just like Lajja did last year on Avery's b-day. What a sweetheart Lajja turned out to be! And then, after alot of looking, looking into shelters, adoptions, and coming up empty handed, one day a post in our local yard sales online popped up.

I saw him out of three, and I just knew. The same way we knew with Lajja and Sam, and even Champie.

Meet Nelson IV, a wire-haired Dachshund. A sweetheart who has melted all of our hearts.

Why, you ask, is he named the 4th?  It is kind of a inside family joke, but when I want the kids to get going, I always say, "Let's go Nelson I... Nelson II and Nelson III" in this crazy nerd voice.  I don't know why I have always done this. No one really does, but he just seemed like Nelson IV to all of us.

Eric caught this adorable picture of him running up our hallway which is very long.  After running back and forth about six times, he is ready to chew on his bone awhile!








post signature

4 comments: