Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My 10 pounder

Nicholas, today you turn 13. I am not sure just how we got here so fast... It seems like just yesterday you were that sweet three year old stuffing Daddy's socks into one "Daddy" sock because you missed him so much during deployment.

I remember so well how long you took to get here!  I was almost two weeks late for you, and they thought you "might" be 9lbs. They were a little off...  When you finally decided to come into this world, you took your time getting here as you were my longest labor.  You surprised us all being 10 lbs, 13 oz.  You sweet little chunk!

Your Dad and I laugh now at how mad you were at the nurse who was taking your vitals. It is so much your personality, so needing to do things in your time.  And then when she gave you to me, you went right to sleep, and as we all know, you have always been the best sleeper.

I was quite swollen by the time you arrived, and thank goodness for Daddy, who took care of you that week while I was still bed ridden from a spinal headache.  Had it not been for him, I am not sure how I would have managed.

It wasn't hard for him though, you were so easy to take care of and you had such a sweet personality.  I never thought your Dad could feel as much love as he did when Zachary was born, but I saw it again the day you were born. You two were always like two magnets, and still to this day you have a bond so special. You get your Dad and he gets you. I was in love with you long before you got here, when you used to respond to me while I was pregnant talking to you by doing somersaults. You were the only baby that responded like that. I felt so blessed to have my two boys, two gifts from heaven.

Your name was originally going to be Trace Nicholas, but Zachary was very adamant that you were NIC-O-NESS.  I couldn't imagine you anything other than that once you got here.

Great Gramma Brown asked me once if we would call you Nicky, and yes....you ended up and you will always be our tricky Nicky as Daddy calls you.

As I don't have all your pictures here in Germany, I had to make do, but these are some of the cutest pics we have.  You were always such a happy baby, but you were a Mommas boy for a long time. I will always treasure how close you loved being by me, and how hard it was for me to go back to work while you were a baby.

I used to spend my lunch hours at the Daycare center rocking you and feeding you. After six months, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to stay home, it was the best decision I ever made.  When I would have to lay you in the crib and leave, it used to tear my heart out.  I would often cry going back to work, and I am so glad God made it possible for me to stay at home after that.

Looking at these pictures makes happy and sad at the same time.  You are becoming such a good boy, your so much deeper than most 13 year old, and you always have been. Your sensitive like me and you hoot like your Dad. Someday, you will make an awesome husband because your heart is so pure.

As we have always told you, you are the "creme" between the cookies "Zachary and Avery" and our family wouldn't be the same without you!  Happy 13th Birthday Nicky!






























post signature

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Nicky... Looking at all your pictures made me smile.. You always had those huge blue eyes, and you still do... Mom, Dad and Zach look so young in some of these pictures! I hope you had a fun day and a delicious cake (which I'm sure you did :o).... We love you,
    Gma and Gpa Challender

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ronda,
    I am so glad I found your blog again! How are you? You and the family look fantastic! I can't believe how your kiddos have grown. I stumbled across your blog after trying to view a friend who has moved to the UAE's blog. I signed on and it took me right to your blog. I am so glad I found it. Looks like all of you are surviving and thriving in Germany! David just asked if you could mail us a "Ronda cake?!"
    Let me know if you still have your erb email.
    Take care!
    Lisa Steed

    ReplyDelete