Thursday, February 14, 2013

Road Trip

Brownfamfive is going on a road trip for the long Valentine weekend.  We are super excited, because we have never been here before, and have lots of walking and site seeing on our itinerary!

Can you tell where this is?


We are going to PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC

We hope to post pictures each night, as we are staying in a loft apt in an 18th century building with WIFI.....  We are beyond excited for this trip!
*********************************************************************************
Lenten Laundry Day #1

I reorganized our pantry room.  I am way past due in explaining the German kitchens and how "small" they are.  By small, I mean small everything...small cupboards, small oven, small kitchen sinks  ELF SIZE.  There is no space for pantry items in the cupboards, so when looking at this house it was one of the highlights we liked, that it had a small room off the kitchen.

The fridge is very small, and all Active Duty are allotted a 220 volt American size fridge, which fit perfectly  in this room.  However, the shelves we had for pantry items were more like book shelves and it was driving me crazy.  I could never tell what was behind something else, and what I actually had in our pantry.


I just re-organized the pantry items with some new IKEA open shelves and sold the other book shelves.

Notice on my two large shelves, the number of OXO pop top containers.  I LOVE THESE!  They are initially expensive, but they are a long term investment, and enable you to get rid of boxes and packaging.......

Most important, give you a mental picture of your stock, especially feeding a family of five.

Organization and separation is done, now I just need to label my containers. I will eventually paint the raw wood, but for now these wipe down nicely.



Already this organization feels better, I know where I what I have and what I need just by a glance in the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment