Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter fun

We spent the long weekend skiing in Garmisch....well, let me re-phrase that....

BrownfamFOUR spent the weekend skiing in Garmisch.  I took all the pics and enjoyed watching my family have a blast.  We spent one day hiking thru the Gorge, which was very awesome, especially in Winter with huge icicles hanging over your head and roaring waters below.

Then we hiked around Lake Eibsee.  I have lots of pictures of Eibsee during the summer, and it is absolutely breathtaking.  The winter view is pretty too, and so peaceful hiking around the lake.  Brownfamfive engaged in a massive snow ball fight during this hike and I got some great pictures of the kids and Eric in their glory.

We took them sledding and night skiing also.  What fun they had...Avery had a "Ronda" moment skiing, and honestly standing at the bottom, I flashed back 18 years ago to Eric and I skiing in Germany and my triple somersault down the hill, ski's flying and all.  It was a quick flash back just as a I saw Avery fly past me and into the safety pads.  She blew thru them, but thank God they served their purpose.  She had a momentary lapse of remembering how to slow down and just kept going faster and faster, as Eric and I were yelling, FALL DOWN< FALL DOWN.  After all was said and done, it was a good laugh, and thank god for those ski helmets, but she really scared me!  In her typical fashion, she got right back up on the ski's with Zachary giving her a lesson on different ways to slow down in the future, lol!

In the next few days, I will post different pictures from our trip.  We came home late Monday night and Tuesday celebrated Avery's 10th birthday.  We have been non-stop for six days now, and I really need to unpack and re-group, but I need to deliver cupcakes to Avery's room, so I am off again.
                                                                                                                                                                                           
Until then, enjoy these cool pictures I snapped while hiking up to the gorge, Germany at it's finest in the winter.





No comments:

Post a Comment