Saturday, September 22, 2012

Homecoming


Zachary went to Homecoming tonight.  He was meeting a group of friends and going as a group.  He was asked by two different girls, but in the end decided to go JUST as friends. His heart still beats for a sweetie in Sharpsburg, GA. (ahhh, so sweet)  Homecoming here is a little different than his first homecoming with Cristina (see right).  Much more laid back, and I don't know if one is better than the other. I guess I am glad he has experienced both!

I did like that they made the kids turn their ID card in and they can't leave until 11pm, which I think is an awesome idea! I don't know why it has taken schools so long to figure that out.  As parents, we have to balance protecting our kids while giving them freedom too.

As we dropped him off, he was happy, and we were happy. So weird thinking, in two years my Nicky will be going to Homecoming.   Hmmm, thinking about that makes me sad actually.

On a second note, I am really trying to get this blog off and running.  Not only to keep in touch, but so we can look back at our life. I remember my Gma telling me when Eric and I went to Italy that I should write a journal becuase I would forget the small details.  Well, I didn't do it and I really regret it.

I hope my kids will be able to read back thru these posts and smile. However, I am really frustrated with the background, it's so cute, but it only allows my paragraphs to be this big.

Soooo, I am teaching myself how to make a new blog background by using photoshop and picassa, so we will see how it turns out. Smart idea in the middle of a move, don't you think? I can't help it, it is driving me crazy.  Stay tuned....lol, I know your all waiting in anticipation.

1 comment:

  1. You are sure one handsome grandson Zachary!! Hope you had a wonderful time.. Miss you & love you..Gma & Gpa....

    ReplyDelete